It can be very easy to fall into a routine…a food routine that is. We eat the same thing for dinner, on the same day, with the same sides. I for one can speak from experience. So this summer, I promised myself I would try at least one new recipe a week.
Last week I cam across this Herb Butter Salmon Foil Pack recipe from Creme de la Crumb. This recipe is so easy and there is very little clean up which is my kind of meal! The good news is it turned out amazing; so tender and flavorful. The bad new is, this has now become part of my food routine. Oh, well. The hubby loves it!
Easy, healthy, garlic herb butter salmon and asparagus foil packs are a quick and tasty 30 minute meal for summer nights, camping, and cookouts. The flaky salmon and tender asparagus will melt in your mouth!
- 4 boneless skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, (plus additional wedges for garnish)
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- fresh thyme or parsley, for garnish
- Season salmon generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Arrange one salmon fillet and ¼ of the asparagus in the center of one 12×12 inch piece of foil. Repeat with remaining salmon and asparagus on 3 other pieces of foil. Slide lemon slices under the salmon and asparagus.
- In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Drop large dollops of the herb butter on top of the salmon and asparagus.
- Fold the foil tightly around the salmon and asparagus, being sure to seal the ends together tightly so the juices and butter doesn’t run out while cooking. Grill over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, OR bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until asparagus is tender and salmon is flaky.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately.
Source: Creme de la Crumb