You never realize how much time you spend trying to figure out what’s for dinner every night until you find yourself staring in the fridge. Weekly meal planning can be very beneficial to your schedule and your sanity! Here are a few tips to help you plan your weekly menu:
- Start looking for recipes — nothing’s worse than eating the same thing every week. Mix things up! You can use an app or the old pen and paper method.
- Choose a day to go shopping and make a list — Every time you go into the grocery store for 1 thing, you come out with a million things. Create a list and stick to it! This will save you time and money.
- Ask your family & friends what they are in the mood for — there is nothing worse than cooking a whole meal that no one will eat.
- Plan themed nights — every one loves pizza or pasta night, Taco Tuesday. Your options are endless.
- Look for what’s on sale — who doesn’t like to save money?
- Don’t forget the leftovers — this will keep you from wasting food and give you a night off of cooking.
- Prep what you can ahead of time — prep your pasta sauce, or the veggies for the slow cooker. The more you get done ahead of time, the less you have to do after a long day at work or school. Some of it you can even freeze until your ready to eat.