This recipe is one that sounds impressive but is actually very easy to make. Lisa A. of Sacramento says this is her favorite holiday recipe. Her mother always served it at special holiday get-togethers and she tries to make it every year in memory of her.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3Tbsp Cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz lump crab meat (sold in tubs at the grocery store seafood department or Costco)
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- Baguette sliced into rounds.
- Lemon rounds (optional)
- Parsley (optional)
In a small microwaveable bowl sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand one minute. Microwave, uncovered on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for one minute until gelatin is completely dissolved.
In a large saucepan, combine soup, cream cheese, mayonnaise and gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, crab, celery and onions.
Pour into a 5 cup mold coated with cooking spray (ring or any other shape – my mom used a copper mold shaped like a trout and it’s the one I still use today!). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a serving platter. Decorate with lemon rounds and parsley if you like. Serve with baguette rounds.