This is the perfect hors d’oeuvre to serve at your holiday party along with your favorite crackers. Eileen B. from Indianapolis says the bacon gives it a little bit of a smoky flavor and blends well with the extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 2 – 8 oz packages cream cheese – softened
- 8 oz finely shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt/crazy salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bacon
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
Toast pecans in an iron skillet until just fragrant. Finely chop and set aside to cool. Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese with all seasonings. Add cheddar cheese and mix with hands until well blended. You can use prepared real bacon bits or prepare your own, but finely chop them. Add bacon to cheese mixture with hands and mix well. Separate into 2 equal sized cheese balls. Roll each in toasted chopped pecans. Refrigerate until ready to use. You may also freeze these for later use. Serve with your favorite cracker and enjoy.