This recipe comes from Helen in Rochester. We don’t often think of appetizers as part of a traditional holiday meal but we should. It keeps people from getting too hungry while you put the finishing touches on your beautiful meal.
We think this recipe is simple, but will be delicious. This is also a great recipe to get the kids involved!
- 3 PACKAGES FRESH MUSHROOMS
- 1 SLEEVE BUTTER – RITZ OR TOWNHOUSE CRACKERS (CRUSHED)
- 1/2 CUP PARMESAN CHEESE
- MEDIUM ONION – MINCED
- CHICKEN BROTH
- MOZZARELLA CHEESE, CUT INTO 1 INCH CUBES
- 1 TABLESPOON OREGANO
- 1 TABLESPOON SEASONING PEPPER (LIKE LOWERY’S)
- ½ TSP GARLIC POWDER
- WASH MUSHROOMS UNDER RUNNING WATER
- TWIST TO REMOVE STEMS
- MINCE STEMS IN FOOD PROCESSOR – SET ASIDE
- SAUTE ONION IN 1 STICK OF BUTTER OVER MED. HEAT
- ADD ¾ CUP OF CHICKEN BROTH, OREGANO, SEASONING PEPPER, GARLIC AND MINCED STEMS
- ADD MINCED STEMS
- SIMMER 10 MINUTES1/2
- REMOVE PAN FROM HEAT
- NOW ADD PARMESAN CHEESE
- STIR TO BLEND
- ADD ENOUGH CRACKERS TO MAKE A PASTE
- STUFF MIXTURE INTO CAPS – MOUND UP NICE!
- BAKE 350 DEGREES – 10 MINUTES
- PLACE ON COOKED CAPS – RETURN TO OVEN UNTIL CHEESE IS MELTED.
We’re giving away $50 in PERKS BUCKS for every published recipe submission. Submit your favorite holiday recipe by emailing email@example.com.