After all the candies, cookies and confections — your waistline might appreciate this yummy yet filling holiday dinner. This is a great idea for a few days before or after the big day. Thanks to Linda P. from Rochester NY for submitting her original recipe. Linda won $50 in PERKS Bucks for this yummy holiday addition:
Spinach & Kale Mushroom Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust / deep dish
- 8 0z fresh or frozen spinach
- 8 oz fresh or frozen chopped kale
- 4-6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 med chopped sweet onion
- 4-5 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 c milk
- 3-4 large eggs
- 6 oz cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- Grated Romano cheese to taste
- Saute spinach, kale, mushrooms, onion, garlic basic and parsley in a small amount of olive oil until all liquid is cooked down. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk cheddar and eggs.
- Add cooled kale mixture to milk mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- Mix bread crumbs and grated Romano and spread on top of pie and continue to bake 10-15 minutes until knife / toothpick comes out clean
- Cool and serve
If you have a favorite holiday recipe, submit it by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure and include your name, your closest Get My PERKS market and any interesting info about your recipe.