The holidays can be stressful. Cooking, shopping, traveling and the to do list goes on. Implement these 8 tips for a stress free holiday:
- Get some sunlight. Sunlight has been proven to ease seasonal depressions symptoms.
- Hakuna Matata. Adopt a no worries attitude. Walking every day can also have a calming effect on your brain.
- Do Less. Don’t over exert yourself. Do less and enjoy your holiday!
- No one is perfect. So stop trying to be. Trying to be perfect only stresses you out more and keeps you from seeing the joy in the holidays.
- Abandon old traditions. Just because your parents did it, doesn’t mean you have to.
- Ask for help. You don’t have to do everything alone. Call on your family and friends. They aren’t as helpless as you may think.
- Listen to Music. Maybe get a little work out in too. Music and physical activity help with relaxation. It will also help you take your mind off your to do list.
- Think Positive. Easier said than done right? But think about how happy you will be sitting around a feast with family and close friends; or the smile on your child’s face when you give them that #1 gift they asked for.