It’s almost time. If you feel the same way we do, the election can’t be over soon enough. It has been exhausting.
Only one thing left to do. VOTE.
If you’ve already voted — CONGRATS!!! We’re proud of you! In fact, here’s a little promo code you can use at GetMyPERKS and save 10% on your next PERK during the month of November: VOTE2016
If you think this election cycle is totally out of control, you might need a little context. Here are some random election facts that will help put things into perspective:
- North Korea holds elections every five years, but the ballots list only one candidate.
- John Quincy Adams was the 6th President of the United States but he lost both the popular and electoral vote. No one won the majority so the House of Representative picked him as president.
- If you are over 18 in Australia, you can be fined for not voting.
- If women didn’t vote in the US between 1968 and 2004, Republicans would have won the White House in all but one election.
- George Washington blew his entire campaign budget on 160 gallons of liquor to serve to potential voters.
- Before 1804, the presidential candidate who received the second highest electoral votes became vice-president. We would love to bring this one back. Maybe if the candidates knew they had to work together for the next four years, they’d be a little nicer.