Let’s be real, sometimes we buy a dish from the grocery store and pass it off as our own because we either don’t have time to make a dessert or we simply aren’t the best bakers. This time you can create an easy delicious dessert in only an hour! This week’s recipe of the week is another dessert favorite from A Taste of Home. Yes, another dessert because we love desserts!
Apple Crumb Tart with Cinnamon Cream Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
MAKES: 12 servings
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 large apples, peeled and finely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 piece with about 1 tablespoon cinnamon cream: 360 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first four ingredients and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Remove 1 cup mixture to a small bowl; stir in 1/4 cup flour until blended. Reserve for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan. Bake until light brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Increase oven setting to 400°.
- In a large saucepan, combine apples and brown sugar; cook over medium heat until apples are tender, 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, raisins and remaining flour. Transfer to crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake until golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-22 minutes. Place on a wire rack; cool at least 20 minutes.
- For cinnamon cream, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add syrup and cinnamon; beat until soft peaks form. Serve with tart. Yield: 12 servings.
Source: A Taste of Home